Our Customer Charter sets out our commitments to provide you with service, procedures and information at appropriate stages during your purchase.
1. We will give you a copy of our Customer Charter if you ask for one. We will automatically give you a copy if you reserve a property.
2. We will work to set procedures to meet the commitments we have stated in our Customer Charter.
3. We will train our staff to understand their responsibilities in our dealings with you and what the Customer Charter means for you.
4. We will give you the detailed pre-contract information you need to make an informed decision about buying the property.
5. We will seek to ensure that you appoint your own professional legal advisor to carry out the legal formalities of buying the property and to represent your interests.
6. We will let you know:
i) Who to contact at every stage of your purchase;
ii) How we will deal with your questions; and
iii) Any relevant choices and options you can consider.
7. We will give you health and safety advice to reduce, as far as possible, the risk of danger on the development site during construction and in the use of your home.
8. Our marketing and advertising will be clear and truthful.
9. Our contract of sale terms and conditions will be clear and fair.
10. We will make clear to you your cancellation rights.
11. We will give you reliable information about NHBC’s Buildmark cover and any other guarantees and warranties from which you may benefit.
12. We will explain how we protect your deposit and how we deal with any other pre-payments.
13. We will give you reliable information about the timing of construction, legal completion and handover of the property.
14. Once a completion date is set we will ensure that:
i) The transfer of ownership takes place and
ii) The functions are demonstrated to you.
15. We will inform you clearly about the after-sale and emergency services that we will provide for a certain period after completion.
16. We will tell you about our procedures for dealing with customer complaints, including the availability of any services that can help resolve complaints about warranties.
17. We will co-operate with appropriately qualified professional advisors you have appointed to help resolve disputes.
Our Customer Charter commitments do not affect your statutory rights.
Villafont Homes wishes to provide you with an after sales service commensurate with the standard and quality of your new home. After moving into your new home there may, however, be a few minor defects or snag problems which become apparent as you familiarise yourself with your new home. WE will provide you with all information concerning your home and its systems, service locations and basic DIY tips which have been specially included to help you to understand the workings of your new home and to help avoid difficulties or misunderstanding through lack of information.
Any snagging or defect items that were detailed on the Property Release Form will be dealt with by our Site Manager with 28 days, subject to a suitable appointment being agreed for access during normal working hours.
In the unlikely event of the Site Manager not attending to such items promptly, you should write to our Operations Director. Should any further problems develop which you believe are Villafont Homes’ responsibility, you should make a note of each item as it occurs and forward a copy to the office.
After a period of approximately five months from legal completion you will receive a Remedial Request Form from our Operations Director which you will be required to complete and return in the pre-paid envelope provided. Villafont will then, if necessary make an appointment for our Construction Manager to visit you in order to inspect any defects that you wish us to consider under the NHBC Buildmark Warranty. In the event that our Construction Manager confirms and agrees that such works are authorised to be undertaken, he will organise the works within a pre-agreed timescale. The scope and content of these works will be detailed on the Remedial Request Form and on completion of each of the specified works, the form is to be signed by way of your acceptance against each item on the form.